I have Photoshop CS. I want to make a circle that is made up of smaller circles. Kind of like the image on the top right of this stamp. Can this be done in Photoshop?
Yes you can, in fact, to do it we'll use two of my favorite features, stroke path and brush spacing.
- Choose File > New and create a new document with a white background.
- Select the Ellipse tool.
- Select the Paths option.
- While holding the SHIFT key, click and drag a circular path.
- Select the Brush tool.
- Open the Brush palette by clicking the Brush palette toggle.
- Select a brush size. I've selected a 9 pixel brush with a Hardness of 100%.
- Select the Brush Tip Shape option.
- Drag the Spacing slider to increase the spacing between strokes, I've changed mine to 150%.
- Choose Window > Paths
- The Path palette opens.
- Choose Stroke Path... in the Path palette options.
- The Stroke Path dialog box opens.
- Select Brush from the dropdown menu, if it is not selected already.
- Click OK.
The circular path is stroked with small circles.
Depending on the image resolution and the size of the path, you may need to adjust the brush size and spacing to suit your needs.