Can anybody tell me if it is possible to replace an existing swatch
with the foreground color in CS2.
Yes you can Georgina. Just follow the steps below.
- Change the Foreground swatch to the Background position by pressing the X key.
- Select the Eyedropper tool.
- Place the tool over the active document.
- While holding the SHIFT key drag the Eyedropper over the Background color.
- Now the color you want to save as a swatch occupies both the Foreground and Background swatches.
- Choose Window > Swatches to open the Swatches window.
- Move the Eyedropper tool over the Swatch palette, when the cursor changes to a Paint Bucket, click.
- Your color is saved as a swatch.
Sounds like a job for Actions.