I use Photoshop to set small blocks of type for a monthly project. Recently I have been asked to create a Spanish version of the same ad. All that changes is the type. Can Photoshop spell check the Spanish version too?
Si. Photoshop CS2's Spell check feature has multiple language dictionaries pre-installed.
- Choose Window > Character
- Select Spanish from the dropdown menu located in the lower left corner.
- Select the Type layer.
- Choose Edit > Check Spelling.
- The Check Spelling dialog box appears, displaying any mis-spelled words and suggestions for replacement. Choose Change, Change All, Ignore, Ignore All, or Add.
- When the spell check is complete, an Alert box appears.
- Click OK.
Like any spell checker, they are not perfect. In fact most, including Photoshop's, requires some feedback to fine-tune your dictionary. For example rather than have a company name always come up as mis-spelled you can just Add it to the dictionary.
Spell Check Facts
- Locked or hidden layers cannot be spell checked.
- Highlight text to constrain the spell check to the highlighted words.
- To check a single word, place the blinking insertion bar within the word.
Whether it's Norwegian or Nyorsk Norwegian, Photoshop's got you covered.