I'd like to create some type that flows along a path. Which Type tool do I use?
In Photoshop CS, the basic Type tool will do it.
- Once you have established your path.
- Select the Type tool.
- Use the Character palette to configure your font, size, spacing etc.
- Position the tool cursor over the path where you'd like the type to begin.
- When the I-beam cursor changes to an I-beam with a line intersecting it, click.
- Start typing.
- The type will flow along the path.
- Click the Checkmark icon to commit your type.
Sorry to report earlier versions of PS don't support this feature. Before CS, you had to use Illustrator (or a similar program) to create type on a path.