I am using PS CS on windows XP (too many meaningless letters), when I make a selection using the marquee tool or such and I scroll to the edge the entire image jumps extremely fast, it seems that before CS it would scroll slowly and smoothly. How can I control this edge scrolling speed if indeed I can?
I've experienced the same problem. As far as I know there is no way to control the speed of the scrolling during the selection process. Here's my workaround.
- Reduce the image so that the entire area to be selected is visible.
- Make the selection. Don't worry if it's not perfect.
- Zoom in beyond 100%.
- Choose Select > Transform Selection
- Drag the selection borders, one at a time, exactly where you need it.
- Click the Checkmark icon to commit your selection.
By zooming in very close, you can make the perfect selection regardless of the size of your image or selection area. I agree, there are too many meaningless letters. JB