My computer really slows down when I'm using Photoshop filters. Is there any way to speed up the process?
I can think of a couple of different ways to get your filters to work faster.
- Install more RAM. Filters require lots of RAM.
- Quit any other applications that may be running to free up system resources.
- Simplify your system display graphics. Cursors with drop shadows and fading menus will sap system resources unnecessarily.
- Choose Undo > Purge > All This will free up RAM by deleting all of your History, Undo and Clipboard data. Note: Purging History and Undo means you can't go back, be prepared if you decide to take this route.
- Test the filter on a small representative area using a selection. By confining the filter to a small area you can quickly judge how the filter will work.